Sunday, April 4, 2010

Children. The Investment

Procreation as Webster’s defines it is: to beget or bring forth offspring. In others words have kids but what is the point behind bringing a child into this world? Well many will answer that many ways. Some say to ensure the passing of the gene pool. Others will define it as to have a tax deduction. I am going to cover the reason I think deep down we want to have kids. In my 23 years on this round thing I have found that for the most part kids bring many things into their parent’s life. These little bundles of sometimes joy bring about many feelings of fear “will my kid be able to make it in this world” “will I be able to provide for my child” “will my kid be SAFE?” then you have the feeling of joy “my child is learning how to crawl, walk, talk” “my child is in the top of his/hers class”. But the most feeling that I have seen 99% of parents exhibit no matter what happened in their life or their children’s life is LOVE and that is one of the greatest things about procreation is that for 18 years and 9 months you have invested your love and someone else’s love in to this human being that for the most part show it back 200% no matter what. The point is to go out and enjoy the love that is a child cause no one and nothing can come as close as they do to that strong of feeling.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very true blog. Nothing like a potato in ones life to completly turn it upside down and inside out and at the same time make two people come together to form a team that wont faulter.

    ReplyDelete